Injectables Orange County
Prescription medicines called neurotoxins are injected into muscles to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet around your eyes, frown lines between the eyebrows and long horizontal forehead lines. It works beneath the skin’s surface to target the underlying muscle activity that causes the wrinkling to appear.
BOTOX® Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. It softens the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Our specialist will inject specific muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. After treatment, you will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your wrinkles within 24 to 48 hours, with results lasting up to 4 months. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a safe, but technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy. Approximately 11 million vials of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002.
XEOMIN® is another highly purified neurotoxin. The active ingredient is a type of botulinum toxin called incobotulinum toxin A. A proprietary purification process is used to remove accessory proteins from botulinum toxin A to make XEOMIN®. This prescription medication also blocks the release of chemicals that causes muscle contractions. Our specialist will help you decide if BOTOX® Cosmetic or XEOMIN® is the better option for you. (As with BOTOX®, they will assess your facial movement and determine where to inject and the dose per muscle.) For most patients, the first effects of XEOMIN are typically seen within 7 days and last up to 12 weeks. XEOMIN® has been FDA approved for use in the United States since 2005. More than one million patients around the world have been treated with XEOMIN®
DYSPORT® is the final product in the family of injectable prescription medications for dynamic facial wrinkling. It has 25 years of worldwide usage and is known for it’s quick on set and long lasting natural look. When wrinkles aren’t your preference, but neither is the “frozen” look. Dysport still allows you express your feelings looking natural. Your wrinkles are gone, but your expression is not. The majority of patients see improvement in just 2-3 days with affects lasting as long as 4 months before retreatment is needed.
Injectable dermal fillers correct the appearance of wrinkles and facial folds, are used to make the lips fuller, build up the cheekbones and fill in the lower eyelid area to improve the “hollow” look. They work by adding structure and volume underneath and bringing sunken skin back up to the surface. Our skilled injectors will help you determine which facial filler is best for you!
JUVÉDERM® is a family of injectable facial filler gels made from hyaluronic acid, which is a natural complex sugar found in all living cells and is one of the major components of the skin’s connective tissue along with collagen and elastin. Hyaluronic acid works by holding in water at the injection site and acting as a cushioning agent. It adds temporary volume and a smoother appearance to skin. JUVÉDERM® products are a smooth consistency gel developed using the Hylacross technology to allow a smoother, malleable gel. Some products also contain the local anesthetic, lidocaine, for a more comfortable injection, numbing the treatment area within seconds. JUVÉDERM® products provide 9 months to one year of correction. Results are immediate and most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal results!
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for restoring volume in the lips and softening lines around the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC is for correction of facial wrinkles and nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to corners of the mouth.)
- JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC is indicated for cheek augmentation to correct age-related volume deficit in the mid-face improving the sunken in look.
- JUVÉDERM Vollure® softens moderate to severe parenthesis lines around the mouth and nose adding subtle volume.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella® is tailored to add subtle volume to the lips and smooth the appearance of vertical lip lines.
The Restylane line of products is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, restoring volume to your skin. The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne. Restylane products utilize an innovative NASHA and XpresHAn Technology™, giving each product a unique particle size for tailored treatment. This helps to offer just the right amount of lift to laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines)—all while preserving your ability to show your range of natural facial expressions.technology.
- Restylane® and Restylane-L® are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies.
- Restylane® Silk is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Refyne and Defyne are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Radiesse® is a unique hyaluronic acid injectable filler that also stimulates collagen growth to provide longer lasting results. Radiesse® is made of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a soft gel. Radiesse® stimulates your skin’s own regeneration abilities – new collagen is produced over the following weeks and months, making your skin stronger and more elastic. Once injected, Radiesse® provides immediate volume and correction but also continues to work by stimulating the skin to produce its own natural collagen. Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolises the microspheres, leaving behind only the skin’s natural collagen.The new collagen provides a long-term effect that may last for a year or more in many patients.
- For the Face – When Radiesse® is injected below the skin’s surface, it forms a “scaffold” to support and stimulate the growth of your own collagen to replenish lost facial volume and rebuild your skin’s foundation to restore your youthful look.
- For the Hands – Loss of volume in hands makes veins and tendons more visible. Radiesse® replenishes the volume in hands giving them a more youthful and natural-looking appearance.
Belotero Balance® injectable gel is a prescription injection that is used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds as well as other moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles around your lips and mouth. Belotero Balance® is a hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable filler that completely integrates into the skin tissue.2,3 While some fillers are designed to rebuild facial volume and structure, Belotero specifically treats moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles such as vertical lip lines above and around the lips.
We understand the importance of having well-informed patients, and will take the time to thoroughly review all of your options for injectables so that you are calm and confident going into your treatment. If you would like to learn more about a customized plan for your injectables, CLICK HERE to contact us! We look forward to speaking with you and to scheduling your complimentary consultation with our aesthetic nurse specialists.